The future for this historic monument lies in it being able to sustain itself in terms of income generation and investment and the key objective is to use it to its full potential as a unique business centre creating an island of excellence.
This is being achieved by:
- Developing a solid, corporate identity recognised throughout Kent.
- Satisfying the much needed local market requirements for small commercial accommodation.
- Establishing a business training academy.
- Establishing successful partnerships with local support agencies.
- Continuing the ambitious redevelopment programme to attract a variety of businesses helping them to develop their potential.
Phase One of the restoration has been completed with major works on the main entrance tunnel and right gorge casemates. Providing the main infrastructure for the following: 6 refurbished business units, conference facility, reception and offices for Fort Horsted.